Monday, March 14, 2011

Sci Fi Scummin'

If I played this game back in ´91, I think my brain would literally blow up.
It just started with me wanting to do some nice SCUMM fan-art, but the further I got with this, the more I felt that the narrative of this particular flick would fit awesomely with the whole point'n'clicky thing. Except for maybe the lack of a character gallery. It was pretty tough for me completing games like Secret of Monkey Island, because as a 12 year old danish kid, I didn't really have a clue what a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle was, for example... and the artwork was also pretty tough to decrypt at times... but now I know how hard it is to do Sam Bell, when you only have about 12x12 pixels to do it on :D Anyway, hope you like this one... I might do more, Idunno yet.

22 comments:

  1. Det er fa'me sejt. Kan jeg være spiltester?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really need to hook up with somebody from newgrounds and make this Mads! I _MUST_ play it!
    Actually you should send it to Ducan Jones and Gavin Rothery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just AMAZING, Mads http://blog.manmademovies.co.uk/2011/03/21/moon-fan-art-sam-bell-meets-lucasarts/ MOON Director Duncan Jones has just seen it and is tweeting the pants off it :) You should get in touch with @ManMadeMoon

    I couldn't post it on the blog quick enough, MORE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. do more please! this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey everybody! Thanks for the props! Actually I did what you said Søren, and sent it to Mr. Rothery as a "hey guys great film" hommage thing. Didn't know it would blow up.. but I'm superhappy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need to see this come to fruition.

    We NEED to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes you do! (you have to do more)
    awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. MORE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
    MAKE A STAR WARS ONE, WITH INSULT LIGHTSABER DUELING!
    AND A SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION ONE, *USE ROCK HAMMER ON WALL*!
    AND GROUNDHOG DAY, WITH THE DIFFERENT POSSIBLE RESPONSES TO NED RYERSON!

    ReplyDelete
  9. also, how long/difficult was it to make this? I want to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @sam saxton it took me about 4 or 5 nights, to do.. so, I'd say between 8-10 hours. But yeah, I thought about doing a groundhog day one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, in 1992 this "screenshot" could have made the game to sell a lot of copies.
    It's a pity that's not a real GA, but the picture left me atonished...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Release date?
    I'm serious. I would buy this game.

    ReplyDelete
  14. would love this! inception, memento or sunshine would make cool point and click adventures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fantastic. Thank you for doing this.

    Dave
    Dave Wrote This

    ReplyDelete